Ferhadija streetSarajevo , Bosnia and Herzegovina
Report a mistake!
<iframe width="720" height="410" style="border:0" webkitallowfullscreen="true" scrolling="no" mozallowfullscreen="true" allowfullscreen="true" src="https://balticlivecam.com/cameras/bosnia-and-herzegovina/sarajevo/ferhadija-street/?embed"></iframe><div>Broadcast is powered by <a href="https://balticlivecam.com/cameras/bosnia-and-herzegovina/sarajevo/ferhadija-street/">Baltic Live Cam</a></div>
This webcam is aimed at the main pedestrian street of Sarajevo – Ferhadia Street, which runs to the old Baščaršija square, connecting the eastern and western architectural styles of the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
As can be clearly seen in the online camera, Ferkhadia Street resembles Vienna or other similar cities in Europe, being an example of the heritage of the Habsburg Empire.
Some of the city’s landmarks are located on Ferhadia Street online, the most important of which is the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the center of the Catholic faith and the largest in the country.
In the place of the street where the houses of the western style turn into the eastern one, it is called the Meeting of Cultures. On the other hand, Ferkhadia, showed in real time, is connected to Tito Street, named after Yugoslav President Josip Broz Tito. These two streets meet at the Eternal Flame.
The colorful street shown in the webcam is a favorite walking place for locals and tourists. Most compare it to the Moscow Arbat. At any time of the year and day, you can walk along the street in an online live camera, look into souvenir shops and shops, visit numerous cafes.
The city of Sarajevo, where the live broadcast is coming from, is the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Its ancient history has intertwined different cultures and religions, mixing elements of the Catholic West, the Orthodox East and the Muslim South.
Interesting sights of Sarajevo
– Baščaršija is a historical shopping area with a Turkish flavor. It appeared in the 15th century.
– The 16th century Baščaršija Mosque is one of the most beautiful Muslim religious buildings in Sarajevo.
– Ali Pasha Mosque of the 16th century – a building in the classical Ottoman style.
– The 15th century Imperial Mosque is the oldest mosque in the capital and one of the oldest in all of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
– The 16th century Gazi Husrev–beg Mosque is an important monument of the Ottoman era. Located in the center of Baščaršija.
– The covered market is a medieval commercial building, erected in 1540.
– The old clock tower from the 16th century. Has the only public clock in the world that measures lunar time.
– Cathedral in the neo-Gothic style, built at the end of the 19th century.
– Parish Church of the Holy Mother of 1874 – the largest Orthodox church in Sarajevo.
– The Franciscan Church of 1882 is the only Catholic church in the city.
– Latin bridge, the first mention of which appeared in 1541. After the flood, a new bridge was built. This building dates back to 1798.
– The old church of the 18th century is one of the oldest Christian churches in the capital.
– Vijećnica (Town Hall) – a picturesque administration building of the late 19th century.
– White Fortress – Ottoman fortress on top of a hill with a beautiful view of Sarajevo.
– The yellow fortress of 1729 is a defensive structure.
– The Šeher Ćehaja Bridge of the 19th century – a stone bridge over the Milyatski River.
Sarajevo, where the online broadcast is conducted from, is located in the west of the Balkan Peninsula in the center of Bosnia and Herzegovina, in a valley among the hills on the banks of the Miljacki River, surrounded by the mountains of the Dinaric Highlands. The climate in the city is temperate continental. Summer is warm, winter is cool. Weather forecast in Sarajevo for 7 days is available on our website online.
Watch other nice Baltic Live Cam webcams from Bosnia ans Herzegovina – Sarahjevo city panorama, the resort of Neum, Bihac city view, panorama of the city Banja Luka, as also there are footage of interesting places all over the world. Cameras online show scenery from all over the Baltic nations from beach fronts to Old Towns.