Panoramic view of LandshutLandshut , Germany
Report a mistake!
This PTZ webcam perfectly shows the Bavarian puppet town of Landshut, located near Munich. Landshut center, which you see online, still retains a medieval look. In the old part of the city in this live broadcast, on its main street there are many Gothic style buildings with acute-angled roofs. Also here is the building of the old town hall (14-15th centuries), in front of which there is Stadtresidenz, the Renaissance style palace of Duce from the 16th century. The interior of the palace is decorated with mythological paintings and marble decorations. Today, this building houses the State Art Gallery and the City Museum.
Guests of Landshut, whose panorama is shown in an online camera, usually visit the Zeligental convent of 1232.
Another interesting palace in the Landshut online, is the Trausnitz Castle of the 16th century, previously served as the Wittelsbach family residence. The most striking element of this castle is the jester’s staircase, decorated with wall paintings from Italian comedies. At the height of the citadel walls there is a dizzying view of Landshut and the Isar River.
Near the Trausnitz Castle there is the Gothic church of St. Martin with the highest brick tower in Bavaria (133 m.). Beautiful columns with terracotta figures and carved choirs also adorn the temple.
One of the most beautiful monuments of Landshut, the view of which is opened in this webcam online broadcast, is the Christ Church, made in the Roman Renaissance style in 1897. A bright decoration of the old temple is considered an altar, installed here on the opening day. More recently, a new organ has appeared in the church.
Landshut with the live stream on Baltic Live Cam website, maintains its unique tradition since 1475: there is funny costumed performance of “Landshut Princely Wedding” holds in Landshut once every four years.
The brightest attractions in Landshut
- Arch Landtor. The only surviving defensive structure of the city.
- Market Square (Altstadt). One of Bavaria’s most beautiful medieval markets.
- City Hall built in 1380.
- Trausnitz Castle (Burg Trausnitz) – main attraction in Landshut.
- Gothic Church of St. Martin (Martinskirche) – the tallest brick structure in the world from the 1380.
- City residence (Stadtresidenz). A Renaissance palace, built by decree of Louis X. Nowadays, the building is given for exhibitions dedicated to important historic events of the city.
- Holy Spirit Church (Heilig-Geist-Kirche) of 1407-1461. The temple completes the Catholic parish of St. Martin. Now it is used for exhibitions.
Watch another nice Baltic Live Cam live streams from Germany – City Hall Marketplace Rathausmarkt from Hamburg, Market Square in Düsseldorf, Kellenhusen beach, Prinzipalmarkt Street in Münster, Burgplatz in Düsseldorf and Baden-Baden.