Emory UniversityAtlanta , United States
Report a mistake!
Emory University in the webcam is a private US research university located in Atlanta, Georgia.
Founded in 1836 as “Emory College” by the Methodist Episcopal Church and named in honor of Methodist bishop John Emory, Emory is the second-oldest private institution of higher education in Georgia (after Mercer University of 1833).
In 1915, the small college, as Emory online was, moved to the suburbs of Atlanta, where it received university status. Emory’s mission is “to create, preserve, teach and apply knowledge in the service of humanity.”
Currently, the university that you see in the online broadcast includes 9 academic schools and colleges: College of Arts and Sciences, Oxford College, Laney High School, Law School, School of Medicine, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Rollins School of Public Health, Candler Divinity School, Roberto Goizueta Business School.
In 2008, Emory University in web camera got an award from the President for dedication to community service, educational programs and civic engagement.
In 2010, Emory in live camera ranked 20th in the U.S. National Universities ranking, News & World Report, 61st in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, and also listed as one of the best institutions of higher education in the Academic Ranking of the World’s Universities.
Atlanta, where the live broadcast comes from, is the capital of the southern American state of Georgia and one of the largest cities in the United States. It was in the city, shown online, that the popular writer Margaret Mitchell created the notorious novel “Gone with the Wind, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. began social activities and John Stith Pemberton invented Coca-Cola.
Atlanta, shown in webcam, is located at the foot of the Appalachian Mountains, which stretch along the entire east coast of the United States and part of Canada.
The city in the online camera has 242 parts, united into 7 districts.
– The Central District is the economic and political center of all of Georgia. On its territory there are: the Capitol, the City Hall, the headquarters of CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coca-Cola museum. Here is the tallest building in the South of the United States – Bank of America Plaza.
– Midtown. Business and residential area, which you can see in another live cam on the Baltic Live Cam website. Also within the neighborhood are: Piedmont Park, the Art Center, and the Georgia Institute of Technology campus.
– The Buckhead area is famous for being home to the governor of Georgia.
– East Atlanta is one of the fashionable quarters of the city in the online stream.
– South Atlanta has the world’s busiest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta, which you can see online on the Baltic Live Cam website.
– West Atlanta includes the Collier Heights neighborhood built by African Americans for African Americans.
– Decatur is the best place in Atlanta for walking, shopping and relaxing in restaurants and bars.
In Atlanta, demonstrated in live footage, a humid subtropical climate dominates. In winter, snow rarely falls on the territory of the city, and the air temperature almost never drops below 0C, usually +1…+11C here. It’s hot in summer. The average temperature ranges from +26 to +32C. Weather forecast in Atlanta for 7 days is available on our website online.