NaplesNaples , Italy
Report a mistake!
The webcam overlooking Naples is located on the high Vomero hill with a beautiful panorama of the city and the bay.
Naples – the capital of the Campania region, where the online broadcast is conducted from, is one of the most famous Italian cities, the largest in southern Italy and the third largest after Rome and Milan. As you can clearly see in the web camera, Naples is located in the picturesque bay of the Gulf of Naples. Basically, the city shown online is associated with the volcano Vesuvius and pizza.
The brightest and most colorful Italian city of Naples, where the live stream comes from, is rich in ancient Greek and Roman ruins, royal palaces, amazingly beautiful sunsets, and unique elegance.
The southern city, where the live cam is located, is divided into 10 municipal districts, which in turn have several historical quarters. Spaccanapoli is famous for its labyrinths of narrow lanes. Vomero is a quiet, picturesque quarter with the Montesanto cable car, the Castel Sant’Elmo, the Carthusian monastery. Via San Gregorio Armeno is a quarter of creative people, artists, sculptors, silversmiths. Spagnoli is known from the bustling Via Toledo.
If you find yourself in Naples, be sure to:
- Try authentic Neapolitan pizza.
- Visit the catacombs of Sotterranea dating back to Greek times.
- Sip on a delightful, invigorating Italian espresso with frothy cinnamon and froth. Also try Neapolitan ice cream.
- Walk up Mount Vesuvius.
- Visit the flea market in Via San Gregorio Armeno.
- Take a boat trip on the ferry to Palermo, Sorrento, the island of Capri, which is also broadcasted in the online camera on the Baltic Live Cam website, or to any neighboring city. It is from the sea that Naples is especially good!
- Climb to the observation deck of the castle of Sant’Elmo and take the most romantic shots on this trip.
- Listen to classical music performed by Italian artists at the oldest theater in Europe, the famous San Carlo. Despite the inconspicuous and modest exterior, the theater has a rich interior. World-famous opera artists and instrumental ensembles perform on stage.
- Rent the iconic Vespa and explore the area. So you can get to know Naples better in the webcam and feel its atmosphere as much as possible.
- Wander the streets of the old town, find a cafe in the central Piazza del Plebiscito, order the famous limoncello (local liqueur) and enjoy the “dolce vita” in all its beauty to the sound of street musicians.
In Naples that you see in the online camera, a subtropical climate prevails. The sun shines throughout the year. You can plan a tour to the city in any season. It all depends on what you prefer: whether you like walking under the scorching sun in summer or better to choose a little coolness in winter. The average air temperature in winter is +9 С. In spring, the air reaches +18 C, precipitation is rare. The average air temperature in summer is +26С. From the end of September comes the velvet season, when the water in the bay is still comfortable for swimming, and the air is no longer as hot as in summer. Weather forecast in Naples for 7 days is available on our website online.
Watch other beautiful Baltic Live Cam live streams from Italy –one more webcam from Naples with the view of the port Beverello, the the seaside of Sicilian town of Erice, panorama of Trapani, Grand Canal, Campo Santa Maria Formosa, St. Mark’s Basin in Venice, Favignana Island panorama.