Lindesnes Lighthouse Museum

Vest-Agder , Norvegija
acb

Lindesnes lighthouse is famous for being the first lighthouse in Norway. The lighthouse was lit first lit on 27. February 1656. At first, the light consisted of 30 candles on top of a three-story tower. This method has been proven inefficient and the lighthouse stopped operating after the first few weeks of use.

Much later on, in 1725, the lighthouse was reopened. In 1822, the lighthouse was rebuilt as a coalflare lighthouse and got the famous lens, which concentrated and directed the light of the burning coal. The stone tower of the lighthouse was replaced with a cast-iron one.

Powered by Lindesnes Lighthouse Museum
pasirinkti šalį
Norvegija
Pasirinkite miestą
Vest-Agder

Report a mistake !

The last improvement came in 1920, when the lighthouse was equipped with a fog siren and a diaphone.