Marco Island beachMarco Island , United States
Report a mistake!
Marco Island in the webcam is a modern resort town in the southwest of the US state of Florida. In fact, Marco Island online is a small island with a long picturesque beach near the Gulf of Mexico, which you can see in the web camera.
The beach in the live camera takes 10 km and has the shape of a crescent with the purest bright white sand. This is one of the widest beaches in Florida.
Similar to Miami Beach, also featured online on Baltic Live Cam, Marco Island is a barrier island that combines subtropical recreation with the pristine natural beauty of the reef ecosystem.
The status of the City Marco Island in a live broadcast was received on August 28, 1997.
The island shown in the online camera is called the gateway to Florida’s Everglades, since the Everglades National Park is located a few minutes drive from it, covering a large area almost to Miami itself and being the second largest in the United States among all national parks in America.
Tourists tend to Marco Island, where the online broadcast is conducted from, in order to enjoy a beach holiday, visit bars and restaurants, and do water sports.
For fans of active pastime on the island in the webcam, there are many entertainment options. It is convenient to visit the nearby city of Naples or even head to Key West.
The most popular activities in Marco Island:
- Walks along the coastline of Marco Island.
- Boating, exploring uninhabited reef islands with rare seashells.
- Exciting fishing trips among the barrier islands and sailing on a yacht.
- Water sports – parasailing and water skiing, suitable for the most daring.
- Playing golf – there are 7 large fields in the webcam on the territory of Marco Island.
- It is interesting to visit the Briggs Nature Center with a butterfly garden.
- Hike eco-trails and explore Florida’s wildlife – Rookery Bay Preserve.
- Caribbean Gardens Zoo, where you can see four of Africa’s top predators, lions, leopards, spotted hyenas, African wild dogs and America’s rarest tiger, the Indochinese tiger.
Marco Island, where the live stream comes from, is located in a pleasant subtropical climate with warm sunny weather with more than 300 days a year. From the end of autumn to the beginning of spring, it is always warm here and there is practically no rain. Precipitation time is in summer and early autumn. In summer, it is quite hot and humid, with occasional showers. It happens that in winter, cold Arctic air reaches the southern coast of Florida, bringing with it a temporary cooling below +10 C, but this happens very rarely.
The most favorable time for a holiday in Marco Island is November-December and March-April.
Weather forecast in Marco Island for 7 days is available on our website online.