Tarifa beachTarifa , Spain
In front of you in an online camera there is the beach of Tarifa, one of the most popular places for surf lovers. In a live broadcast, you can often see surfers gliding along the waves, driven by a strong wind.
Tarifa, whose coast is shown in a webcam, is the most southern point of Europe. At this point in the Strait of Gibraltar, the Atlantic Ocean meets the Mediterranean Sea.
Report a mistake!
<iframe width="720" height="410" style="border:0" webkitallowfullscreen="true" scrolling="no" mozallowfullscreen="true" allowfullscreen="true" src="https://balticlivecam.com/cameras/spain/tarifa/tarifa-beach/?embed"></iframe><div>Broadcast is powered by <a href="https://balticlivecam.com/cameras/spain/tarifa/tarifa-beach/">Baltic Live Cam</a></div>
Every year, this Spanish city of winds, the true capital of windsurfing in Europe, hosts a windsurfing championship.
From Tarifa opens an amazing panorama of the African mainland and its Rif mountain range.
In the "capital of the winds", the city of Tarifa in the live stream, there are four beaches:
- La Caleta Beach - is a rocky coast, unfairly deprived of the tourist attention.
- The miniature family beach of Playa Chica, very popular among the citizens.
- Playa de los Lances Beach is a real paradise with white sand. This is the business card of Tarifa. In 2001, the world kitesurfing championship was held here, and now it is just a protected natural area.
- Playa de Valdevaqueros beach stretches from Torre de la Peña to the huge dunes of Punta Paloma Cape. Every year there is the World Windsurfing Championships.
In addition to the fascinating water sports in Tarifa, shown in the online live amera, there are other interesting activities:
- You can ride horses in the mountains or on the beach.
- Observe whales, dolphins and other marine mammals in their natural habitat. Often small excursions are conducted on the Strait of Gibraltar.
- It is interesting to go to neighboring Morocco in an excursion group or individually, where you can get acquainted with local attractions and enjoy the oriental flavor on the city market. Ferry boats to Tangier run daily and regularly.
There is something to see in the old town of Tarifa. Here are the famous gate of Jerez of the 8th century, which have recently been completely renovated. Also in the center there is the 16th-century San Mateo Church, located on Calle de los Azogues. The Arab castle Guzman el Bueno, built in the 10th century to protect the city, is another interesting attraction of Tarifa in this live feed. Do not pass by the City Museum, which stands on Piazza Santa Maria.
The best panorama of the Strait of Gibraltar and Morocco opens from the top of the city in the Miramar Gardens.
You can find out what the real Andalusian landscape is in La Alameda Park, with a beautiful garden lined with paved paths, where the townspeople rest on wrought iron benches in the shade of palm trees.
Moving west from the old fishing port along the Muelle de Rivera, you can reach the final southwestern point of Spain - the Isla de las Palomas islands, where the Mediterranean Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean.
Outside Tarifa, on beautiful hills, there are hundreds of windmills that generate energy to provide electricity to the small town of Tarifa, the beach of which you see in an online webcam. These mills are the largest wind farms in Europe.
Watch another beautiful Baltic Live Cam live streams from Spain - Barceloneta, Sagrada Familia from Barcelona, Can Pastilla beach, Portixol, Portocolom, from Mallorca, Poniente beach in Benidorm, the Town Hall Square in Valencia.