Piazza Giacomo MatteottiSarzana , Italy
Report a mistake!
Giacomo Matteotti Square
This HD live stream shows you the picturesque Piazza Giacomo Matteotti in Sarzana, northwestern Italy. The live broadcast goes from the 15th century Palazzo Roderio building.
In the center of the square, in the online camera, stands a majestic monument to the fallen in the First World War, made of marble and bronze by the sculptor Carlo Fontana.
Sarzana, whose center you see in real time, is a port city on the eastern side of the Italian Riviera in Liguria, in the vicinity of La Spezia.
The lively city, shown in the live camera, has such important historical landmarks as the fortress La Cittadella Fortezza Firmafede, built in 1249. It is located along the valley of the Magra River, close to the sandy coast and the Apuan Alps.
Other sights of Sarzana:
- Cathedral of Sarzana, a white marble Gothic building. Its construction began in 1355, and the end of construction fell in 1474. There is an old organ in the temple, which appeared a little later than the church itself.
- The Sarzana Castle, rised on the Sarzanello hill, was built and enlarged during the reign of the ruler Castruccio Castracani. The citadel stands on the site of a fortress that existed during the reign of Emperor Otto I. In a later period, the fortress was at the disposal of Bishop Luni.
- The Church of Sant Andrea appeared in the 10th – 11th centuries. It was rebuilt several times, the last of which was in 1579. The interior of the temple contains marble sculptures from the 14th to 15th centuries, The “Vocation of the Apostles” made by Domenico Fiasella, and a 12-sided baptistery.
- Church of San Francesco, the first mention of which dates from 1238 documents. It was founded personally by St. Francis of Assisi. The interior decoration of the temple is made according to the Latin cross. Inside there is a funerary monument to the son of Castruccio Castrazani, made by Giovanni di Balduccio (1328) and the grave of Bishop Bernarbo Malaspina.
- The Captain’s Palace (Palazzo del Capitano), built by the architect Giuliano da Maiano (1472) and modified to this day.
Not far from Sarzana, where there is an online stream from, there is the capital of the province of Liguria – the city of La Spezia. A little further – the most picturesque place of the Italian Riviera – the famous Cinque Terre natural reserve.
Sarzana, with square this webcam perfectly demonstrates, is located at an altitude of 29 meters above sea level. The climate in the city is warm and temperate. Winter is often cool and rainy. Summer is warm and dry. The average annual temperature in Sarzana is about 14.6 C. Weather forecast in Sarzana for 7 days is available on our website online.
Watch other beautiful Baltic Live Cam live streams from Italy – Piazza Giovanni Carli square in Asiago, Sottomarina beach in the city of Chioggia, Caorle sea promenade, Genoa city panorama, the seaside of Sicilian town of Erice, panorama of Trapani, Grand Canal, Campo Santa Maria Formosa, St. Mark’s Basin in Venice, Favignana Island panorama.